Friday, July 23, 2010

Ramona the Pest: By Beverly Cleary

I just finished reading this beloved story about one of my favorite characters from childhood, Ramona. With the new movie coming out, Ramona and Beezus, I thought I'd brush up on my Ramona facts and antics. My she is a funny child! I'm sure many of you out there would get a kick out of reading this book again or maybe even for the first time. And, I'm sure that children out there would love this book as well. Kindergartners and first graders could definitely relate to this story, as much of the plot takes place in Ramona's kindergarten class.
Read along to see how Ramona handles her first year in school. It's sure to bring a smile to your face!
P.S. A few tidbits about this book:Ramona the Pest is the first of Beverly Cleary's books to focus on Ramona Quimby as the protagonist. The book's title is derived from characterization of Ramona as a "pest" by many, including her older sister Beatrice, known as "Beezus." Ramona the Pest features illustrations by Louis Darling and was first published in 1968. The current edition was illustrated by Tracy Dockray.

No comments:

Post a Comment