Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Special Place In My Heart: Alice in Wonderland



Not only do I love the book, but in 3rd grade, I played the lead role in the play "Alice in Wonderland." =)
Since then, Alice has had a special place in my heart! And, although it's been ages since I've read the book, all of the recent previews for the new movie sparked the motivation for this post.
I don't have a review for the book, but thought these tidbits were interesting:

* Alice in Wonderland was originally entitled "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
* The original book was written in 1865....Holy cow! That was SOOOO long ago!!!
* The author's name is really Charles Lutwidge Dodgson
* He used the surname Lewis Carroll
* The movie was released by Disney in 1951
* One of only six original copies from 1865 was sold at an auction for $1.54 million, making Alice in Wonderland the most expensive children's book ever traded

I think I need to purchase my own copy of Alice in Wonderland to add to my collection. Does anyone else own the book? I'm just curious. What do you think of the book? The upcoming movie? Leave me a comment......

No comments:

Post a Comment